Sunday, November 23, 2008

37 weeks in Frisco






Joey swept me away last weekend for our last official babyless vacation for what I can imagine will be a long time. We had such a blast. I wanted to do the touristy thing this time since we usually just stick close Union Square for some marathon shopping. We took the trolley to Fisherman's Warf and ate at the world famous Scoma's restaurant, which was delicious. We did a bit of shopping, but I'm not really in the condition to be making any purchases since hopefully very soon my body will change drastically (hopefully). I did manage to find some sunglasses and a pair of shoes. 2 pregnancies down and my feet are a full size bigger than they used to be. Ouch!

Judah stayed at home with his grandparents and had a blast. I don't think he missed us at all. Since he's talking so much, he's been telling us all of Gigi and Papa's secrets. He got a Madagascar giraffe at McDonald's and he was telling me all about the movie, which to my knowledge he's never seen. He also told me 'surf's up' the other day then said 'watch it'... hmmm, I wonder it he watched that one too. I just love to tease Joey's parents about it, but it is slightly strange and new to me that Judah is beginning to have a little bit of a life independent of Joey and I. I guess that's growing up for you.

The pregnancy is going really well. I still feel ridiculously good, but my doctor assures me that the baby has dropped and things are progressing, I'll spare you the details. She'll let me go up to a week overdue and if things haven't progressed much more I'll have to have another c-section. Otherwise she might be able to break my water and see how things go. We are busy getting bags packed and things in order. I can't believe how much peace I have though. At this point with Judah I was so anxious to get the baby out that it consumed me. Just going through his traumatic birth gave me eyes to definitely trust God's timing an methods. We can't wait to meet our baby girl, but are so happy to enjoy these last few weeks with Judah, trying to pour into him and soak him up as much as possible.

7 comments:

Anya said...

hey, anya knotts here. i'm so happy for you having a second kid and it being a girl.... girls are so cool. can't wait to see pictures. i like reading your blog :) it was very fun to hang out with you a year or so ago!

Court said...

Cute blog! Tommy and I had a lot on fun on Friday:) Let's do it again before too long! Loved the blog. Love that what you had to say about peace, esp God's peace, nothing is sweeter:)

Jamie said...

I love the shots of you and joe in SF together. Joey looks like he's due anyday now. Can't wait for Annie to be here.

The Schmidts said...

When I saw you today in church I didn't realize that you only have two weeks left! You look great! -Rhiannon

Anonymous said...

I heart Scoma's. I grew up going there. It may be my favorite restaurant of all time.

Lori said...

I agree with Rhiannon, you look so beautiful Katie! I am so excited for your growing family, you guys are so special to me and so many people, I know your kids will feel the same as they grow. God is so faithful to take care of us, isn't He? I can't wait to see you in a few weeks with newborn Annie!

Jamie said...

0 weeks six days to go ... YES!!!! Katie, you are awesome and I can't wait to be with Annie. It's good to know that God is in control of the timing of Annie's birth just like he was with Judah's. Ahhh so amazing to be able to rest in that.