Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hill Happenings

I thought it was time for a long overdue update to all our fans out there. We've been busy getting ready for the baby and keeping up with the one we have at home. I have been in nesting overdrive for the past 2 months, so I've been consumed with projects and cleaning and whatnot. In the midst of that we've had a really enjoyable fall, if you can really call this fall. I still sweat most of the time for no apparent reason, luckily I have an excuse. The weather and the leaves are turning slowly, marking the quickly approaching arrival of our daughter.

We have decided on a name for our girl... Annaleigh Marie. I wrote a post a while back on her namesake, Leigh, if you are interested in that story and Marie is a Hill family name. We have been calling her Annie, except for Judah who calls her baby Nanny. He is really starting to get excited for her to 'come out.' He commands her to come out every day, but I have to explain to him that she's not quite ready yet. He already has a list of things that he wants her to do with him, including riding in the back of the jeep at the park. Mommy's too big to fit back there but he figures Annie will be small enough to take for a spin.

Some of Judah's favorite things right now...

- PARK
- his new big boy bed with NEMO sheets (although he won't sleep in it, he loves to play there)
- anything NEMO
- books
- dancing to Bruce Springsteen's Seeger Sessions, preferably Froggie Went Courting and 'Flute Song'
- playing his guitar bat, or guitar fork, or guitar tennis racket, or guitar anything, even air guitar
- surfing with daddy
- closing doors (this one is borderline OCD, he can't focus on anything until he's sure for the 5th time that every door in the room is closed)
- oh, yeah, huge victory in Sunday School and Bible study, after 1 year of major separation anxiety he's finally staying in class!!
- repeating EVERYTHING you say, I've been totally busted a couple of times... yikes
- soccer

There's so much more I'm sure. This kid is passionate about everything he does. We are really enjoying this season with him and cherishing these last few weeks with just the three of us.

Here are the latest pictures... Halloween, my nursery project, my lovely baby shower, and of course random Judah pics





7 comments:

Soderin Family said...

Love the room!!! You are so talented. I CANNOT wait to meet miss Annie and see her in all of those adorable clothes.
Oh, I love that Judah is reading the sleep book!

xoxo

nicole aka gidget said...

wow! the walls are amazing! did you paint them or are they stickers? It's hard to tell in the photos.

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

Thanks for the complements gals! I did paint everything. I got the images off the internet and incorporated them into a nursery design that I also found on the net. I was able to find a gender neutral bedding set for both of them to use in the crib that goes really well. It's so fun to have a pretty room for the kiddos that they will enjoy.

Marlene said...

Love the name and the room! congrats! Annie is almost here!

leah-prendez said...

katie, the walls are hot! i can't wait to meet the newest hill on the block.

Linda Z said...

Your room looks so beautiful!! You are a master with the paint brush!

Thanks so much for teaching yesterday! I love to hear what the Lord says through you!

Soderin Family said...

ONLY 17 DAYS TO GO!