Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hunger Strike...

Judah's bug is hanging on for dear life. Either that, or he has decided to operate a full-fledged hunger strike. We're going on day 7 of his strange new eating habits. Every meal/snack makes me anxious, but the nurse on the phone keeps telling me that as long as he's hydrated we're doing ok. Part of me wonders if they just don't want to see us because holiday starts tomorrow and they've got to be swamped. But the other part of me is challenged to trust the doctor and our good God and just be patient with the little guy. As we speak Judah has been sitting in his high chair for about 20 minutes picking at cheerios, banana and a blueberry muffin.
The whole sick thing has caused me to do several things that I have been trying avoid. 1) No refined sugar... that flew out the window in desperation to get something into him. 2) No Videos/TV... he's in love with Tiny Love's DVD Magiq. Shockingly he is alive and happy.
A couple of discoveries... as the gang on Seinfeld discovered, the muffin top is definitely the best part, even Judah agrees. I have a problem... Joey and I went on a date the other night and he had to tell me that we weren't allowed to talk about poop. Now if someone has to tell you not talk about poop there's obviously something wrong.
Pray for us!

0 comments: