Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fun with Nana

We packed up the car and made the trek to Bakersfield this week to spend some much needed time with my mom, Nana. We kind of have a policy of no Bako trips in the summer, so it was fun to spend a little time over there when it was under 100 degrees. My mom has this great old house near downtown and Judah loves visiting, especially since he gets his dog fix with Winnie. It was a great trip, other than the fact that we all got sick. It was the first time in years that my mom was there to take care of me, sick in bed and, oh what a treat. We still managed to make it to the California Living Museum (CALM), which I haven't visited since I was little. Judah loved it, especially since it was so small and there weren't many people there, he was able to roam around all by himself. It was kind of, well... interesting. Nothing like seeing a ground squirrel in a glass cage. They had a ton a reptiles that Judah got very up close and personal with and don't forget the two skunks that welcomed us. It is pretty cool though, all the animals have been rescued and you can see their injuries that make it impossible for them to survive in the wild. My dad is a veterinarian and when I was a kid he would often treat wild animals that would end up at CALM. We once had a mule deer living in our 'fort' in the backyard while it recovered from being hit by a car. Anywho.... it was a great trip and I miss my mom already. Here are some pics of the kids...



3 comments:

The Schmidts said...

I grew up going to CALM also :) Rhiannon

Court said...

We went to CALM all the time when I was a kid...and I played soccer almost every Saturday at the soccer park right next to it! What a fun time with your Mom:)

Anonymous said...

You guys have such an awesome family! It's amazing to see! I have got some stories to tell about their daddy as well.