Friday, September 7, 2007

Vacation in Denver

We've been in Denver on vacation for about a week now and let me tell you, it has been an interesting one. Joey has a trade show in Denver that started on Wednesday so we had about 4 days in the city before work. Several interesting things have transpired.
Judah decided the week before we left that he wasn't into sleeping through the night anymore and instead preferred to use his nightimes screaming for no apparent reason. Teething? Separation anxiety? I have no idea, but it carried into our vacation, so I was about as sleep deprived the first 3 days of vacation as I was when Judah was a newborn. The ironic thing is that we were staying with some good friends in Denver, 2 separate couples, both expecting their first children. I just have to chalk it up to God wanting to teach us all a little something, but I was a blubbering mess. Those of you who know me at home haven't seen that side of me since I got past the baby blues, but it was as if it was happening all over again. So needless to say, I think I scared them both a little bit, or at least spurred on some interesting conversations. Sorry Nate and Natalie, Dave and Lana! Judah was a charmer as usual so I probably looked like a crazy lady.
We then took off to Windsor, CO where Joey dropped me off at my grandparents' home. We were there for about 2 hours when my grandma came in a got my grandpa. She had begun hemoraging and he rushed her off to the ER. That was the last time I saw Mimi for this trip. She spent the rest of the week in the hospital undergoing awful tests and a surgery to remove half of her colon... fun. I had a great time keeping my Papa company. He's a WWII vet and I was able to ask him tons of questions about that, which absolutely fascinates me. Papa and Judah were great buds by the time we left and I cried as we drove away. Every time we come out here I never know if I'll see them again. I know it sounds morbid, but I love them so much and it just kills me that they won't be able to get to know their only great-grandson because of how far away we live. How special though that they have at least met him.
We have 2 more nights here and will be seeing one of Joey's college buddies and his old pastor. I'm looking forward to coming home, but thankful that we were out here to support my family during a difficult time and the time spent with friends has been great. We will have pictures to follow.

1 comments:

Jenny Schlenker said...

Hope you are loving CO- If we could have planned it would have been fun to see you!