Thursday, August 30, 2007

Daddy's Heart

Being a parent has given me some new insights into God and his role as my Father. I've only just begin to really apply it to my relationship with him and meditate on it as I go about my day as a newish mom. First of all, God delights in his children. I never knew delight until I had a child and it only grows as my son begins to know me and love me. I delight in Judah's love for me, just as God delights in our love for him. When Judah chooses to be in my presence, there is no feeling to describe it. He is beginning to cling onto me out of what seems to be affection, security, and trust. How it must please and bless our Father when we cling to him and choose Him out of all the other idols in the world. How sweet it is for him when we run into his presence and just sit at his feet. I have yet to experience the sinfulness of my child, but I can just anticipate what God will teach me about forgiveness, grace, mercy, discipline, and unconditional love. I've always been a child, so thinking on God and these attributes as a child you almost miss half of the equation. But now as a mother, I get to almost walk in God's shoes with my own child and learn more about the heart of my Abba.

1 comments:

Jenny Schlenker said...

Your heart, perspective and passion into motherhood is simply refreshing. I love you Katie.