Wednesday, March 25, 2009

love is risky - Tylenol is not the answer


when you love someone, chances are it will be painful at times, or perhaps for seasons at a time. maybe they don't love you back, or they get hurt, or hurt you, or get sick, or pass away.
risk, risk, big Grand Canyon size risk.

"I've built walls, A fortress deep and mighty, That none may penetrate.
I have no need of friendship, friendship causes pain.
It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
I am a rock, I am an island." - Simon & Garfunkel

but love, in case you were wondering, is certainly worth the risk.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I usually don't write my thoughts on this blog, but I guess that's what a blog is for. But today I am thinking about love + pain and how they seem to go hand in hand, because yesterday my son Judah swallowed 16 doses too many of Children's Tylenol.

He was rushed to the hospital, while I was in Seattle for work, getting the play by play over the phone in between work appointments.

Praise the Lord for modern medicine & smart doctors & antidotes, & HEALING in Jesus Name, because he is fine. We sent him to rehab today, 60 day detox. No we didn't, he just likes the taste, and he figured out how to open the child safe bottle.

So here is a pic of my boy who is worth the risk

8 comments:

Jose said...

That crazy little boy! Praise the Lord that he is doing better! That must have been pretty scary! We need to get together sometime very soon!

Linda Z said...

You had me at "love is risky..." Oh, I'm so glad he is ok. What a frightening time. Jason almost did the same thing once. Praise the Lord that you caught him and were able to help.

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

scary! those darn boys!

Wardrobe Chic said...

oh my goodness I am so glad he is ok!! Praise the Lord, they should not make the medicine taste so good! I remember the cherry flavored cough drops and I ate them like candy when I was little!

The Schmidts said...

How scary Katie! I'm glad things are better now. -Rhiannon

Catalina said...

oh katie, how hard to sit in another state and wait and pray and only be left with trust. god is so good. i am so glad judah is perfect and fine. kids are too smart for those "child-safe" bottles. they should be called "this might slow them down but won't stop them for long" bottles.

Soderin Family said...

so glad that he is ok!!!!

nicole aka gidget said...

omigosh! praise the Lord that he is okay!!