Thursday, May 14, 2009

I've always loved oak trees...



"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree, planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; But its leaves will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will it cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

"He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper."
Psalm 1::3

Speaking of roots, check out what I found in my nasty pantry this afternoon (iphoto is not loading my pic. but I found a bag of potatoes sending out tentacles that climb clear to the next shelf, yikes). I'm sure there is a spiritual lesson lurking somewhere in between the roots flourishing in the darkness, penetrating a thick layer of plastic to find nourishment. Well, I'll be busy contemplating potato roots, or maybe I'll just throw them away...I guess we won't be having potatoes for dinner.

0 comments: