Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mut-neh & Deet-deet...

            Infamous deet-deet, courtesy Pawpaw J.
 Already trying to do tricks, at least he's quickly learned to practice on the grass... oy!

     The new mut-neh, every kid should have one of these
Family outing to Avila Barn, his favorite thing (other than the ice cream) was an old rail road tie that he practiced his balance beam skills on. 


Judah has been starting to talk quite a bit. I've been surprised at how quickly he's been picking up new words. Now I don't know how language develops in these little ones, but Judah has also come up with own little dialect. Joey and I joke that he speaks fluent Portuguese with the occasional Mandarin slang.  He does the traditional wa-wa for water and nigh-nigh for night night, but otherwise, things are a bit different. Momo = movie, deet-deet = skateboard, mut-neh = helmet, pah-kah = park. It took us a while to catch onto to these new words, but now Joey and I find it hard to call them anything else. I don't know about anyone else, but I find this new toddler/communication phase both super exciting and frustrating at the same time. He thinks that because we understand a fair amount of what he says, that we should get everything, which makes him frustrated and whiney, making mommy equally frustrated and whiney.  It is so amazing to begin to see the little person that he's becoming. The more I get to know him, the more I think he's a clone of Joey. He lives to make people laugh, loves mommy's kisses, can charm the pants off of anyone, LOVES baseball, skateboards and dirt.  I remember when I was pregnant with him, Joey and I would try and imagine what he would be like. Of course we both had our wish list. Each had our hopes of what he would love, what he would do, and what his personality would be and I can definitely say that God seems to have wrapped all those things up into a crazy, independent, high energy, spunky, thrill seeking toddler named Judah. 

I think even in the midst of certain behavior/attitude issues that we're dealing with right now, Joey and I have been so in awe of what a gift and what a joy Judah is. I think that this will probably sum up our entire career of parenting.  Going through periods of feeling like a total idiot, praying non-stop that we don't screw him up, and loving him so deeply that none of it makes sense.  

As far as the pregnancy goes, even before I got pregnant I hoped for a very mellow, easy going baby for #2. A girl would be my preference, but if we had a boy I would be equally thrilled.  It's funny though because when I was pregnant with Judah I felt him moving super early, no surprise. I think Joey even felt him kick at around 17-18 weeks. Well, the little one I'm carrying now is being awfully shy.  I thought I would feel this baby even sooner because that's what everyone says, but I think I'm just now at 19 weeks starting to feel baby. Part of me starts to get worried, but I know they're all so different.  We have our ultrasound next week, on Friday, so I'll be sure to post some pictures and let you all know what we see.  Anyone have any guesses?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

girl..that is what I am hoping for. The last thing we need is more Joey's walking around! (just kidding.)Judah is going to make a great big bro!

Jenn

Soderin Family said...

girl...i may change my mind the day of the u/s. i will keep you posted. my record is pretty good so far. i can't wait to hear!

Jamie said...

Hi Katie, we're here in costa rica and we were so excited to see judah on his deet deet and doing tricks. You're so right he is alot like joey but he makes so many faces that remind us of you all the time. He's such a great mix of you both.

We miss him so much. We have been imagining how much fun judah would have in costa rica. We love you all and cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.

here's our guesses-
papa- girl
gigi- no clue
jamie- girl

love, papa, gigi and auntie jamie

Linda Z said...

I'll say boy just to be different! :) Everyone told me that Jason was a girl and they had me convinced of it. Boy was I surprised. But he is my cute cuddle bear and I wouldn't trade him in for anything.