Friday, July 25, 2008

She's a girl!!!

I don't have the ultrasound pictures loaded yet, but they aren't super clear anyway. It was so exciting to see her and to know that she's really in there, growing and moving. Everything is totally normal at this point which is even more exciting than knowing her sex. I was getting worried because I haven't felt her move nearly as much as I had felt Judah. Turns out she is a super active baby, but my placenta is right in front of my tummy, so it's blocking a lot of the kicking sensations. I thought she was just a bit on the shy side, but now I know she's just hiding a bit for now.  We are so excited to have a girl. There's just something really precious to me about having a daughter and I haven't even met her yet. It's also scary to me that now I'm going to be this girl's number one role model. I know I have similar responsibilities with Judah, but it's just different with a girl.  And not to mention the fact that now I will be responsible for at least one sex talk... aye. I will post her first pics. soon, maybe even a belly shot.


4 comments:

Linda Z said...

Yay, Katie!! Oh, I'm so excited for you all. You are going to be such a great mom for her to learn from. And I predict that Jamie is going to get super excited about clothes!! :)

nicole aka gidget said...

congrats! girls are so fun and special! :)

Hamon family said...

Oh we are so happy for you! I have been checking your blog since we saw you guys the other day. Congrats! She is so lucky to have parents like you guys.

Sarah said...

Yippee! I am so excited for you! I've been waiting to call but I couldn't remember when you had your US scheduled. Girls are so much fun...at least our are. We have our US in a week and a half, can't wait! Congrats!