Wednesday, July 30, 2008

21 Weeks


So I hear that when you are carrying a girl you tend to carry them "all over." I never really understood what that meant until now. Apparently I'm carrying her mostly in my booty. Either that or the 3 helpings of dessert a day are starting to get to me. Seriously, how hard is it to know that every month you're going to gain at least 4 pounds. As women we already struggle so much with body image and the bombardment of society telling us what's 'really' beautiful. Unfortunately even being pregnant I'm really not doing well with the expanding waist line. When I was pregnant with Judah I think I was just naive to the fact that it is so hard to get the weight off afterwards. They tell you that breast feeding will melt it away, but that was not the case for me. I think that's why it's been so hard for me, knowing that realistically it will be another year and lots of sweat before I will wear my normal clothes again. I guess that until we're done having kids this will be a constant up and down battle, but it's worth it.

On a separate note, Judah has been really into my belly lately, well, not just mine. He thinks that everyone including him has a baby in their tummy. He goes up to whoever is around, male or female and tries to lift up their shirt while saying 'baby'. Please don't get offended if he does this to you, he's just a bit confused. He gives baby sissy lots of kisses and lately is really into giving raspberries. It's really sweet and I hope that there's a part of him that will start to understand that she's really in there.

11 comments:

Court said...

What precious pictures. You are SO beautiful Katie! Concentrate on being healthy and don't worry about your weight...I know it is easier to say then do. You are growing a beautiful healthy little girl in there so you have to grow in order to grow her!
It is a hard trade off to being a Mommy, the giving of our bodies. I guess it is the first way we serve our children. I will pray for you since I can relate...still holding to weight from Tay!!! LOL And as soon as all the Babies to be had have been had we can hit the gym hard together! Love reading your blogs by the way!

Soderin Family said...

You are beautiful Katie! Love this pics!

Jamie said...

Katie, your looking beautiful! Great job on keeping up with your blog, your such a great writer. Those pictures of you and Judah are great! He is the BEST! She is the BEST too, I just know it.

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

Gosh, I swear I wasn't fishing for complements. Thank you ladies for your encouragement, it does mean a lot.

Sarah said...

Katie you seriously look amazing. So exciting to hear you're having a girl!! It is so neat to be able to name a baby after someone special. Ina Liese is named after her great grandmother and auntie and every time I write her name I think about them.

the pfaff's said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! Girls are so precious...little Judah looks precious too of course :) And you look GREAT pregnant!
Kayla

Jenny Schlenker said...

you should see my belly!

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

Haha Jen! You have a perfect belly! I'm so sorry I missed you while you were here. Hope your visit with the fam was great!

Baby.Got.Craft said...

Great photos, Katie! Congrats!
~Tessa

Erika Marie said...

Katie and Joey...it's been a while!! I just got into this blog-world craziness...but its so good to see (atleast in pictures) your smiling faces! I will be praying for your pregnancy =) i dont think i have seen you two since before Judah...how are you guys??!! -Erika B (eb40?) =) (...erikamarie82@gmail.com)

Sarah said...

you look great Katie and I just can't wait to meet this new little love!