Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fat Lip...

Anybody that has seen me lately might have noticed that my lower lip is a bit swollen and yucky looking. I had a biopsy taken last Monday of a sun spot that has graced my lip for quite a few years. The doc wasn't too concerned and thinks it's probably just a pre-cancer and that it will be easily removed. We get the biopsy results back on Monday and I'm really not too worried about it, but keep thinking about the fate of my poor lip. It seems that most of my fears are more about my own vanity than anything else. Just thinking about having to walk around with a puffy, peely, yucky lip makes me sad and embarrassed. Then I tell myself, 'seriously Katie, if that's all you've got worry about, you're one blessed lady'. I guess I'm really thankful that God is protecting me from more serious fears, but pray for me that I can take this as a great lesson in humility and grace. I will update with results and would appreciate prayer that it really is nothing.

3 comments:

Jenny Schlenker said...

I can relate to the ole fat lip deal. I knocked my fronth teeth out as a kid and the doc waited 2 weeks before bonding them back in. While I had no teeth I was playing softball with my sis, the ball missed the mit and smashed my upper lip. I looked pretty hot with no teeth and a fat lip! I was a walking accident. As an a adult I break out in pretty bad feaver blisters that are caused from sun or stress, my lips get pretty swollen and then it gets scabbed over with lots of crusty scabs, beautiful huh. There is nothing that makes me feel more self concious and insecure that those things that look like buggers on my lip, beacause in all honesty that is exactly what it looks like. I am feeling you pain sister! I love you and carrying the lip load with you!

Jenny Schlenker said...

Oh yeah... I still have scar tissue in my lip, I will show you next time i see you!

Joey, Katie, Judah and Annie said...

Thanks for the empathy Jen! The pics you sent of Ava are amazing! She is beautiful and totally never even looked like a newborn to me, she has a perfect head!
So great to hear from you and glad you're back home safe.