Wednesday, August 29, 2007

my wife...


Katie is the catalyst behind our humble blog. A few times she has encouraged me to "blog" something, but to date I hadn't been moved to write anything on a blog addressed to no one in particular.

But tonight is right. I just want to brag about katie if that's ok with you. She doesn't know I am doing this, as she is long asleep, worn from a day of taking care of Judah & I. She is an amazing wife & a hall of fame mother. She really just loves Judah & I so very well, so selflessly everyday. And we certainly don't make life easy for her, like when Judah decides to scream at 3 AM (almost every night) for no reason at all, or when I show up late (as usual) to a dinner party we are hosting, or forget to take the trash to the curb for trash day (every week), there's katie continuing to love, continuing to be patient. Judah & I talk a lot about how lucky we are. The first thing I told him in the delivery room after he was born was that he has the best mom in the whole world. He knows it. His face says it all when he sets his eyes on her.

But katie doesn't even know it. She wants to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better friend. She is always evaluating and wanting to grow in any weak areas. But tonight is about strengths; which for katie include singing, painting, designing, baseball sliding, cooking, and a myriad of other things you may not even know about her. I am so proud of her and thankful.

- joey

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I agree with you Joey. Your wife is amazing. What a blessing she is to know. And to take care of you..she deserves a medal! Just kidding. You two are an encouragement to Trav and I . We can't wait to hang out sometime soon. Until then, keep braggin out Katie. She deserves it!

nicole aka gidget said...

what a sweet blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Joey, way to make me tear up. I love you, I love katie and I LOVE judah.

Love your big (little) Sis, the one you love to tease,
jamie

Greg and Edna Silva said...

Awww!! How sweet! Your post brought tears to my eyes.

It's so great that I found your blog. I was wondering a while back how you guys were doing. The baby is so cute! Congrats!

Edna

Baby.Got.Craft said...

Wow, Katie! Sounds like you truly found someone to appreciate what an incredible person you are. See you at Laura's wedding!!

Unknown said...

yes! she is amazing!
I Miss you two :) -e